Golf Hotel Kakamega, a subsidiary of Tourism Finance Corporation, is a leading premier hotel located in Kakamega County. We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, dynamic, competent, proactive and qualified professionals to fill the positions below:
- Internal Auditor
- F & B Manager
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge to clearly demonstrate your abilities and interest, send your detailed application with all supportive documents to the address below by 30th June, 2017. These positions will attract a competitive remuneration.
Design, plan and coordinate financial operations compliance with policies, procedures and control systems of the hotel within the general framework of financial plans and budgets to enable the hotel attain maximum efficiency in internal and non-financial controls.
- Formulating the design and execution of audit plans for the hotel.
- Carrying out regular risk assessment and advice the management on the risks exposure and practical strategies to minimize risks and losses
- Reviewing and appraising the adequacy, effectiveness and proper application of accounting and financial controls
- Constituting internal audit committee and preparing audit plans
- Make recommendations to financial management about software and policies
- Improve customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
- Participating in other senior management activities including development and implementation of institutional strategic objectives.
- Com (finance or accounting) or a business related degree
- CPA (K), or ACCA, ACA, CIMA, IT or its equivalent
- 3 years’ audit experience in a hotel or commercial or public organization
- Knowledge of accounting best practices
- Ability to learn industry standards
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication, computer training, administrative skills
- Assertive, high integrity, honest, good interpersonal skills, patient and good team spirit, non-judgmental and a person of independent disposition.
We are looking for a professional F & B Manager to be responsible for managing all F & B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will forecast, plan and manage all F & B orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Controls costs of all Food and Beverage outlets by assisting procurement in prudent purchases, effective profit and loss controls ad monitoring labour costs by following demand patterns, budget and labour laws
- Lead the food and beverage team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising staff
- Identify customer needs and respond proactively to their concerns
- Ensure a pleasant dining experience in all outlets by collaborating with the executive chef in creation of menus and menu pricing
- Maximize food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events and training staff on up-selling
- Establish targets, KPIs, schedules, policies and procedures
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Coordinate the services of food and beverage with other department to ensure understanding and smooth running of f & b services
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity
- Ensure through F & B Controller that all functions are charged according as per the function sheet at the end of each function
- Conduct pre-shift or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff and ensure proper staff presentations (uniform & personal grooming).
- Diploma in Hotel Management/Diploma in F & B service from a recognized institution/advanced
- 4 years proven F & B management experience.
- Up to date with F & B trends and best practices
- Good organizational, , report writing, computer, good communication and leadership skills
- Patience, ability to work under pressure, long hours of work and team player, and self-motivation
- Guest and service oriented.