Golf Hotel Kakamega is a leading premier hotel located in Kakamega County. We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, dynamic, competent, proactive and qualified professionals to fill the positions in the tabs below click on the tab for more informations
Position: Internal Auditor
Reports to: The Hotel Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned tasks as per the annual internal audit plan for the hotel
- Analyze and evaluate adequacy of accounting systems and procedures
- Monitor transactions to ensure they conform to approved policies and procedures
- Formulating the design and execution of audit plans for the hotel.
- Carrying out regular risk assessment and advice the management on the risks exposure and practical strategies to minimize risks and losses
- Reviewing and appraising the adequacy, effectiveness and proper application of accounting and financial controls
- Constituting internal audit committee and preparing audit plans
- Make recommendations to financial management about software and policies
- Assist in the follow up of recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports
- Com (Finance or Accounting) or a Business-related degree
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- CPA (K), or ACCA, ACA, CIMA, IT or its equivalent
- 3 years’ experience as an internal auditor
- Hotel experience is an added advantage
- ICPAK membership
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication, computer training, administrative skills
- Assertive, high integrity, honest, good interpersonal skills, patient and good team spirit, non-judgmental and a person of independent disposition.
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge, then send your detailed application, C.V., copies of certificates and testimonials to the address below. The position will attract a competitive remuneration package. Please specify your current and expected remuneration.
Position: Human Resource Officer
Reports to: The Hotel Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and Update HR policies, procedures and programs
- Carry out Performance Management and follow up on the performance outcomes
- Manage benefits and compensation including pension
- Work with line managers to implement retention strategies
- Ensure statutory compliance of all applicable labor laws and regulatory requirements by the hotel
- Coordinate recruitment and selection process
- Plan and Coordinate all training, refresher courses and development plans as well as induction of new staff
- Deal with employee relations as well as grievances and disciplinary issues
- Manage unionized employees and ensure adherence to the collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
- Prepare and maintain company salary structure, job documentation
- Evaluate current HR practices and procedures and make recommendations for changes.
- Work with management team to enhance overall business strategic direction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- Post graduate Diploma in HR and a member of IHRM
- Master’s degree in HRM will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of proven progressive HR practice.
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry will be an added advantage
IT knowledge required
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge to clearly demonstrate your abilities and interest, send your detailed application with all supportive documents to the address below by Wednesday August 15, 2018. This position will attract a competitive remuneration.
The General Manager
Golf Hotel Kakamega
P.O Box 118 – 50100
Golf hotel is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.