Golf Hotel Kakamega is a star rated hotel in Western Kenya offering international standards of hospitality services in dining, accommodation and conferencing. We are looking for a Procurement professional to join our vibrant team in service delivery in the capacity of a Procurement Officer.
Position: Procurement Officer
Reports to: The General Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Secretary to the Evaluation committee
- Writing of professional opinion to the Accounting Officer
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all Procurement matters
- Co-ordinate ,Develop,Oversee and implement of Asset Management
- Consolidation and Arrangement of Periodic stores taking, Audit and interpreting the report.
- Reviewing of supply chain Manual in line with the PPOA Act 2015.
- Development of Quarterly Reports to necessary government Authority Ministries and Agencies
- Ensure that Hotel gets value from stocks controls and that resources for this function are adequate and efficient. This includes daily, monthly and annual stock takes.
- Secretary to the Evaluation Committee and ensure that the hotel operates within the requirements of the PPOA and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, science, Education, Law Hotel Management, Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional , Graduate final Diploma from the chartered institute of purchasing and supply –CIPS Kenya Institute of Management –KIM ,Kenya National Examination Council –KISM or equivalent ,
- Currently full member of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply –CIPS ,Kenya institute of Supplies Management or Equivalent.
- Meet the provisions of chapter Six of the constitution
- 3 years practical experience in Procurement in the Public Sector and is conversant with the PPOA Act 2015.
- Proficiency in MS-office applications, Good analytical skills, good communications and negotiation skills, planning and organization skills.
Those who will be called for the interview will be required to come with the following clearance certificates:
- CID Clearance Certificate
- EACC Clearance Certificate
- KRA compliance Cert
Position: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor to install, maintain and repair of Hotel equipment and related systems.
- Executing plumbing, carpentry, masonry, upholstery and related furnishings works, painting and varnishing of surfaces.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor to ensure proper implementation of hotels preventative maintenance programs; ensures timely record keeping and update of all repair schedules for all plant, machinery and equipment.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor to Ensure high standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained in all areas of maintenance work.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the maintenance Supervisor or Management.
- KCSE C plain or equivalent
- Artisan/ Certificate in Masonry, Plumbing, Joinery and/or Painting from a reputable Technical Institution.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, Honesty, Ability to work under pressure, self-motivating, high integrity and good communication skills.
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge, then send your detailed application, C.V., copies of certificates and testimonials to the address below. The position will attract a competitive remuneration package. Please specify your current and expected remuneration.
Golf Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.