Golf Hotel Kakamega is a leading premier hotel located in Kakamega County. We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, dynamic, competent, proactive and qualified professionals to fill the positions in the tabs below click on the tab for more informations
Design, plan and coordinate financial operations compliance with policies, procedures and control systems of the hotel within the general framework of financial plans and budgets to enable the hotel attain maximum efficiency in internal and non-financial controls.
- Perform assigned tasks as per the annual internal audit plan for the hotel
- Analyze and evaluate adequacy of accounting systems and procedures
- Monitor transactions to ensure they conform to approved policies and procedures
- Formulating the design and execution of audit plans for the hotel.
- Carrying out regular risk assessment and advice the management on the risks exposure and practical strategies to minimize risks and losses
- Reviewing and appraising the adequacy, effectiveness and proper application of accounting and financial controls
- Constituting internal audit committee and preparing audit plans
- Make recommendations to financial management about software and policies
- Assist in the follow up of recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports
- Com (finance or accounting) or a business related degree
- CPA (K), or ACCA, ACA, CIMA, IT or its equivalent
- 5 years’ experience as an internal auditor
- Hotel experience as an added advantage
- ICPAK membership
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication, computer training, administrative skills
- Assertive, high integrity, honest, good interpersonal skills, patient and good team spirit, non-judgmental and a person of independent disposition.
The primary duty will be driving the motor vehicle to and from destinations as operations shall entail in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner.
The job holder for the position of Driver shall report to the Operations Manager, and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities as stated here below:
- Safely and timely drive of assigned Hotel officer at all occasions;
- Carrying out routine checks / inspection on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, tyre tread evenness and damage, and other necessary checks to ensure that it is always in good condition;
- Monitor renewal dates of insurance road licenses;
- Ascertain the serviceability of lights, traffic indicators, horn, windscreen wipers, breaks, clutch, accelerator etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Identify mechanical problems that may hinder smooth working of the car;
- Maintaining work tickets for the vehicle assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road including the safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Safely keep vehicle repairs and maintenance records and reports;
- Driving the motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carry out other assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications of the Driver Job
Qualifications and experience:
- KCSE graduate
- NYS Training Preferred!
- Mechanical Training
- At least 10 years relevant experience, experience in driving a Company and or Government Vehicle will and added advantage.
- Should have a valid driver’s license
- Appreciable proficiency in Spoken and written English!
- Must be a person of integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Be respectful and honest
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues.
Driver Guide Certificate will be an added advantage!
- Serves as a main point of contact for any security/safety issues
- Secures premises by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and security staff, inspecting buildings, equipment and access points
- Supervises and manages security service providers(including field officers)
- Maintains accurate record of security personnel reporting times (including field officers and area manager visits)
- Completes weekly and monthly reports for management by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, including any change of security personnel
- Maintains an updated and accurate matrix of guards on duty including reporting times, contact details, posting location, rotations, historical record of incidents
- Investigates, reports and tracks all safety, security and risk management related issues
- Conducts regular risk assessment analysis and develops and updates security policies, evacuation procedure, and crisis management plans, operating policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensures their communication and implementation by staff and building occupants
- Develops and facilitates security and safety training in view of increasing safety, security and risk management capacity
- Maintains compliance with all legal requirements (including fire safety)
- Provide regular advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security
- Operating emergency equipment
- Obtains help by sounding alarms
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications of the Security Manager Job
- Diploma/ Degree in Business/Security related studies.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in managing security in a busy institution.
- Demonstrated leadership in development and implementation of a security management plan.
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze complex situations, solve problems and manage change.
- Able to create security processes, policies and procedures
- Conversant with the use of high-tech security systems. Know-how in CCTV control rooms.
- Ability to use ICT tools and office packages (word, excel, power point, outlook etc.)
- Must be observant and pays attention to detail
- Clean record and as indicated by a current police clearance certificate.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible roster, 7 days a week.
- Current first aid certificate
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge to clearly demonstrate your abilities and interest, send your detailed application with all supportive documents to the address below by 2nd April, 2018. This position will attract a competitive remuneration.
The General Manager
Golf Hotel Kakamega
P.O Box 118 – 50100
Golf hotel is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.